Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Wastewater Facilities Operator
Posting No.: 1145
Closing Date: 6/2/2017
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., with rotating weekends, holidays, and on-call as needed
Salary: Based Upon Union Contract
There is one (1) position available. The position is located at the Woodridge Greene Valley Wastewater Facility, 7900 S. Rte. 53, Woodridge, IL 60517.
• Ensure safe and efficient operation of plant equipment
• Monitor safe and efficient operation of plant equipment
• Monitor operations for compliance with applicable EPA standards and regulations
• Collect samples for laboratory analysis, check data and chemical analyses of water
• Record daily flows to plants, monitor meters and gauges and record readings
• Perform major and routine maintenance and repairs to equipment as needed
• Clean buildings, machinery and equipment as needed
• Supervise the work of summer employees
• Operate and monitor facility equipment to insure process integrity
• Adjust biological and physical processes to insure proper operation
• Perform related work as required
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Ability to regularly stand, walk and use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment
• Ability to work in an environment that regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, with hazardous chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Completion of one (1) High School level chemistry class
• One (1) year of experience in a water treatment plant, pumping station or sewage treatment plant
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
• An Illinois Class IV Wastewater Operator’s Certificate within 6 months of hire
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical and drug test are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 6/2/2017.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer