Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Chief Wastewater Facilities Operator
Posting No.: 1007
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
There is one position open at this time.
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions and supervises the work of subordinate personnel engaged in operation of wastewater treatment plants
• Inspects all equipment and ensures operating efficiency and ensures all operators are equipped with the necessary tools, parts, and safety equipment to operate effectively
• Ensures wastewater treatment is carried out in accordance with specified environmental protection regulations and standards; keeps abreast of changing regulatory issues
• Ensures administrative record keeping and report maintenance on an on-going basis (e.g. National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), & IEPA reporting)
• Assists in the development of short and long term plans for operation of plants to include contingency plans, and capital improvement planning and supervises and manages the design and construction of capital improvements at the wastewater treatment plants
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time, use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment and vehicles, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
• Five years experience in operation of or designing sewage treatment plants, including two years in a supervisory capacity
• Must possess and maintain in good standing, a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will possess either a Class 1 Wastewater Operator’s Certification, or will possess a Professional Engineer’s License with the ability to obtain a Class 1 Wastewater Operator’s Certification within the state mandated timeframe.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer